What Are Invisalign Aligners?
Thanks to the fantastic technology of Invisalign in Singapore, we live in a world where it is now possible to straighten your teeth without the use of braces. Invisalign Aligners are made out of a special thermoplastic technology that is fitted to your own, individual teeth. Invisalign Aligners work just like braces except for the facts that they are comfortable, invisible, and even removable. Not only that, but Invisalign Aligners can actually decrease a patient’s chance of contracting gum disease, or developing plaque (compared to fixed orthodontic appliances).
Eating With My Invisalign Aligners
We recommend that patients do not consume hot food or hot beverages while they have their Invisalign Aligners in. Your Invisalign aligners are made up of plastic resin, so heat can damage them or cause them to become deformed. This would be extremely detrimental to the efficacy of your Invisalign aligners as a treatment plan to fixing your teeth. That is why it is recommended that, whenever possible, you remove the aligners before eating or drinking – good thing Invisalign aligners are so easily removed and re-installed!
Eating with Invisalign may cause sugars and other food particles to stick between your teeth and contribute to plaque and tooth decay. One of the main reasons that Invisalign technology has become so popular as a treatment plan is that it is more effective in preventing orthodontic issues that usually come with the use of braces or other fixed orthodontic appliances. If you insist on eating with your aligners in, you are not allowing your Invisalign aligners to work to the best of their ability; you are not giving your teeth the proper opportunity to be safe from plaques and gum diseases that can result as product of munching on foods or sipping on beverages while keeping your aligners in.
Sometimes we do ask clients to continue eating with their Invisalign braces on so they get used to having them on all the time. People tend to forget to put them back after taking them out in the initial period, so we make an exception for this to ensure people get into the habit of wearing them all the time.
How do you take care of your Invisalign?
- Rinse your Invisalign aligners immediately after removing them to prevent bacteria from breeding due to saliva and plaque
- Always remember to ensure clean teeth before reinserting your aligners. Brush, floss and use mouthwash before putting them back again.
- Clean your aligners EVERYDAY:
- You can brush it gently with toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Do not brush it too hard.
- Make sure the toothpaste is non-abrasive
- Ensure the toothbrush is soft so it does not scratch
- Rinse only with cool water after cleaning. NO HOT WATER.
- Soak it in a professional cleaning solution like Retainer Brite for stains that are hard to get rid of Mix a little bit of Retainer Brite with some cool water, and allow your Invisalign aligners to soak in this mixture for just a few minutes in order to achieve optimal results.